Friday 25 November 2011

Month 4

Everything here is still well, nothing too exciting to report on. The language is going good and my friends are well. My friends and I are still trying to find some things to do around the town and our creativity is lacking a little :P Today was our last day of school and the summer holidays are starting :) I'm definitely enjoying the nice hot weather here.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got to go one of the famous 15's party here. It's part of the brazilian culture to have a big party to celebrate a girls 15th birthday. Turning 15 is like the age that you are considered to be entering womanhood. It kinda reminded me of the parties on the TV show 'My Super Sweet 16 Party' but for a 15 year old. They rented a huge room with a dance floor and a DJ and had tons of food. Everyone dressed up really fancy and had a good time. So much that we ended up leaving at 4 AM and the party wasn't even over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment