Thursday 29 March 2012

March

One part about being an exchange student is that you get asked a lot of dumb questions about your country. Sometimes it's funny, but sometimes it just makes you wonder where these people live. I've heard all sorts of things, some of the normal stereotypes about Canada like: 'Do you have summer in Canada?', 'Is it always cold there?', 'Do you get rain?' but some stuff have been as ridiculous as 'I heard that Canada has a whole underground city because it's too cold for the people to live on the above ground..' Also for some reason a lot of people think that Canada is in Europe. beside Germany, or is a state in the United States. But of course, the only thing to do is to correct them and hope that they remember.

The month of march went by so quickly! I went to a city called Itauna to visit my Brazilian cousin for a week. We then went to Belo Horizonte when I stayed with my other Aunt and Uncle and met another Brazilian cousin who had just come back from Canada. It was really cool to meet him because it was just like having a piece of Canada in Brazil. Also, I love to travel with my family because it allows me to just speak Portuguese for the entire time, where as in Bom Despacho people constantly want to practice their English with me even though I have asked them several times to stop, and I  get to see different places in Brazil. I will be moving on Sunday, which is a good and a bad thing. I am excited to meet a new family and for the new experience but I will miss my current family a lot. I have gotten to know the family that I live with now and their extended family as well, which was not really the case with my last family, and I have grown very attached with them all.  Not only that, but this family is my 3rd family, and I'm just beginning to realize that my exchange is quickly coming to an end. My count down has already started and today marks 87 more days here. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment